Why Work For Us as an Assistant Controller?
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate, dynamic and results-orientated Assistant Financial Controller and the successful candidate will report to the Financial Controller. As a true business partner, your contribution will help bolster operations with accurate financial info that provides a clear view of the property’s fiscal picture. As a member of team you’ll have access to amazing benefits too, including a no-cost medical and dental benefits plan and discounts at hotels around the world. We also include perks like free parking for our associates.
Our Financial operations are committed to a work environment that demonstrates/supports the Marriott core values and culture of putting people first, acting with integrity, serving our world, embracing change and pursuing excellence which helps us thrive as a business.
Assistant Controller Responsibilities:
- Assist the Controller by supervising and coaching specified functional areas of the Finance team
- Lead the year-end review process with a view to a timely completion of detailed working papers- assigning responsibilities and timelines and incorporate a quarterly review of the balance sheet accounts
- Prepare draft corporate tax returns, and design statements to lead up to the tax working papers and co-ordinate the co-operative student credits process
- Assist in the preparation of annual business plans and budgets and monitoring their quarterly accomplishments on this plan
- Assist the Financial Controller in the safeguarding of company assets and improving efficiencies in our processes by reviewing, monitoring and implementing controls and adopting best practices across all business entities
- Provide insight to key stakeholders in the business by ensuring reporting accuracy and using key performance measures
- Exercise an analytical approach to problem resolution
- Serving as a role model to the Finance Team by consistently demonstrating a positive, motivating attitude while working on projects alongside our valued team members
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
Assistant Controller Job Requirements:
Experience: 2+ years’
Education: Post-secondary degree in Accounting/Finance
Certification: Professional Accounting Designation (e.g., CPA) required
- Excellent organizational, analytical, time management and decision making skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel; vlookup and pivot table
The Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls and the Marriott Fallsview and Spa are two franchise owned hotels, located directly across the Street from the Scotiabank Convention Centre and are on the brink of the world famous Niagara Falls. Whether our guests are traveling on business or taking a much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guests.