Why work for Canadian Niagara Hotels as an Assistant Controller?
As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotels, you’ll have access to an amazing medical and dental benefits plan and discounts at hotels around the world. We also include perks like free parking for our associates. We’re a company that believes in the talent of our associates, and invests in helping them learn and grow in their career. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 3000+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing a luxury to each guest so they feel welcome, comfortable, and free to be themselves.
Do you enjoy reviewing financial statements, participating in business plan development, leading budget preparation, and contributing to business optimization from an accounting and internal control perspective? Do you enjoy working in a team environment where you are involved with assisting operations as well as your team members? Do you enjoy working on projects that improve efficiency, increase revenue or reduce costs? If so the Assistant Controller role at Canadian Niagara Hotels may be the one for you.
Reporting to the Controller and leading a small team, the Assistant Controller plays an integral role in both financial reporting and financial analysis. This individual will be a key driver in process improvements and working with other area Assistant Controllers to standardize best practices and internal control processes across all business units.
• Manage the monthly financial statements for a designated group of businesses, as well as preparing and reviewing journal entries and assisting with resolving accounting issues.
• Act as a valued business partner who collaborates and supports operations with timely, useful financial information for decision making.
• Manage year-end financial audit activities including the preparation of financial statements, notes and supporting documentation; as well as the preparation of tax working papers.
• Manager the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
• Review and assess company’s internal controls; enforces proper accounting methods, policies and procedures.
• Implement process and procedural improvements to optimize workflow within the department.
• Develop a high standard of excellence for a team of finance staff, providing necessary support, development, feedback, and leadership.
• Support Controller with a multitude of various accounting activities and special projects including new technology, process improvements, newly created operations, etc.
• CPA designation required. CA/CGA stream preferred.
• Excellent technical accounting and audit knowledge; ASPE is ideal.
• An enthusiastic and optimistic team player who has a passion for business and finance.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities within structured deadlines and deliverables.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
• Strong working knowledge of excel; experience with Sage preferred.
• Candidate must be located within a commutable distance.