Reporting to the General Manager of the Niagara Distillery and Niagara Brewing Company, this position will be responsible for helping ensure the efficient operation of all non-brewery related operations -restaurant, bar, kitchen, facilities maintenance, and retail service teams.
- Help Create and drive a profitable, efficient and safe restaurant environment where guests are entertained through staff passion and knowledge about the Craft Brewery industry and specifically, the products manufactured and offered by the Brewery.
- Accurately execute all Company initiatives and policies with improvement to quality, service, and operations.
- Engage in ongoing development of front of the house employees while holding them accountable for performance and maintaining standards. This includes new hire orientation and performance evaluations; apply coaching and counseling to achieve desired employee behaviour that is consistent with company policies.
- Monitor daily labour and other payroll reports related to the time clock, hours worked, and overtime to ensure operational needs and goals are met of the Restaurant.
- Oversee service and guarantee that all points of guest contact meet company standards.
- Follow up on sanitation, maintenance, security and prevention of injury from accidents to ensure the safety of guests and employees.
- Assist the General Manager in recruitment of new employees.
- Help create schedules for the front of the house employees.
- Serves as a guest service role model for the restaurant, sets an example of excellent customer service, and demonstrates appropriate service behaviours.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- 2+ Years’ experience in an Assistant Restaurant Manager or Supervisor Role.
- Must be available to work all shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must have good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Knowledge of appropriate sanitation procedures and regulations.
- Strong understanding of cost and labour systems that lead to restaurant profitability.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during peak business levels.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.