Location: Crowne Plaza
Department: Front Desk
Why work for Canadian Niagara Hotels as a Bellperson?
We are a company that believes in the talent of our associates, we are dedicated to assisting them in developing their skills to advance their career. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 2500+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing an unparalleled hotel experience to each and every guest. As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotels, you will also have access to an amazing medical and dental benefits plan as well as an employee discount program for hotels around the world.
- Providing excellence in guest service and acting as an enthusiastic liaison between the hotel, our guests and tour clients
- Willingness to offer services and respond to guest requests and concerns in a helpful, personal, prompt and courteous manner
- Facilitating a smooth and efficient check-in and check-out of guests
- Being an ambassador to the Hotel by welcoming all arriving guests and wholeheartedly thanking departing guests for staying with us
- Communicating and developing relationships with all supporting departments, supporting other Front Office functions including Reception and any other duties as assigned
What you’ll need as a Bellperson:
Experience: 1 year experience in a hotel environment preferred
Education: Secondary School Graduate Diploma
- Demonstrated perpetual cheerfulness and extroversion in order to host/entertain each guest, modifying personal delivery as appropriate to different types of guests’ needs, interests, and desires (adults, children, couples, cultural, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional composure at all times, while performing multiple tasks among staff, multiple guests/multiple items/products; Employs persuasion and influence to initiate and/or resolve matters
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job, particularly regularly lifting and/or carrying of guest baggage (i.e., lift up to 50 lbs.)
- Takes initiative and provides friendly and proactive customer service while supporting their colleagues