As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotel Group of Companies, you’ll have access to an amazing medical and dental benefits plan. We’re a company that believes in the talent of our associates, and invests in helping them learn and grow in their career. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 2500+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing a luxury to each guest so they feel welcome, comfortable, and free to be themselves.
- Provide regular updates to the Senior Construction Manager with regards to project progress and timelines.
- Planning workloads both of internal teams and coordinate sub-trade work.
- Working with the General Managers delegating work to maintenance or construction forepersons and their teams
- Working to project budgets and managing team finances efficiently tracking Changes in Scope and extra project costs.
- Monitoring team performance in carrying out work, ensure that materials and workmanship align with corporate standards and meet the requirements of brand standards for the location.
- Provide direction to project forepersons, Sub-trades and General Managers during execution and close-out of the project.
- Work alongside construction teams and trade contractors to execute field work to meet tight timelines as required.
- Showing new and inexperienced construction workers how to do the job
- Ensuring workers follow company safety policies and procedures
- Perform other miscellaneous duties including errands as necessary, deemed by Construction Manager and ED
- Working with consultants technical drawings, specification and plans.
- 3-5 years experience in on-site construction in a leader role such as a working foreperson or sub-trade coordinator.
- Proficiency using computer, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and internet.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work well under pressure, tight timelines, be proactive. Work independently and as part of a team.
- Manage expectations and track projects risks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and operate power tools.
- Effective communication skills and ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds.