Why work for Canadian Niagara Hotels as a Financial Analyst?
As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotels, you’ll have access to an amazing medical and dental benefits plan and discounts at hotels around the world. We also include perks like free parking for our associates. We’re a company that believes in the talent of our associates, and invests in helping them learn and grow in their career. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 3000+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing a luxury to each guest so they feel welcome, comfortable, and free to be themselves.
The primary role of the Financial Analyst is to provide financial support with business operations, including but not limited to, financial reporting, analytical reviews, identifying efficiencies and insights for the business etc. This position reports to the Assistant Controller and have close interactions with operations. The preferred candidate will be someone pursuing a career in finance with the curiosity to get through the details and see the big picture; be a critical and analytical thinker who can dig through data and find insights; someone who takes initiatives and want to be a part of change.
• Prepare monthly financial statements within assigned deadlines.
• Prepare and post journal entries.
• Prepare periodic cheque requisitions with appropriate supporting documentation.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a regular basis.
• Follow up on discrepancies with daily revenue, cash work and expenses.
• Analyze month-end expenses in comparison to budget and prior periods with accurate and relevant explanations.
• Identify internal control issues, recommend improvements, and assist with developing and documenting new control policies and procedures.
• Identifying opportunities and insights to realize efficiencies, improve processes, increase revenues and/or reduce costs.
• Assist with preparing the annual budget and supporting the year-end audit.
• Provide financial analysis to support operational and finance objectives.
• Provide support to other team members as required.
• Provide back-up duties for other finance roles.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• University or College graduate with a major in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, or related area.
• CPA designation preferred; CPA candidates nearing the end of process will also be considered.
• Firm understanding of the full cycle accounting process.
• Experience working within a service oriented or hospitality industry would be an asset.
• Experience working with AccPac/Sage 300 software would be an asset.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced expertise in MS Excel (complex formulas, pivot tables etc).
• Detailed oriented and can understand the big picture. Analytical thinker. Problem Solver. Takes initiatives.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must be located within a reasonable commutable distance.