Why work for Canadian Niagara Hotels as a Financial Analyst?
As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotels, you’ll have access to an amazing medical and dental benefits plan and discounts at hotels around the world. We also include perks like free parking for our associates. We’re a company that believes in the talent of our associates, and invests in helping them learn and grow in their career. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 2500+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing a luxury to each guest so they feel welcome, comfortable, and free to be themselves.
The primary role of the Financial Analyst is to provide support within a variety of areas to ensure the smooth and efficient operations within the Finance Department, reporting to the Assistant Controller.
The preferred candidate will be someone pursuing a career in Finance with strong Microsoft Excel skills (V-look-ups, pivot tables, etc).
- Prepare and post journal entries and prepare periodic cheque requisitions with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare the daily revenue journal and posting to the general ledger
- Follow up on issues and discrepancies with daily revenue and expenses
- Prepare monthly financial statements within assigned deadlines.
- Analyze month-end expenses in comparison to budget and prior periods with accurate and relevant explanations.
- Identify internal control issues, recommend improvements, and assist with developing and documenting new control policies and procedures.
- Identifying opportunities to realize efficiencies, improve processes, increase revenues and/or reduce costs.
- Assist with preparing the annual budget and supporting the year-end audit.
- Provide financial analysis to support operational and finance objectives.
- Provide support to other team members as required.
- Provide back-up duties for other finance roles.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- University or College graduate with a major in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, or related area.
- Pursuing a career in accounting.
- Firm understanding and accounting experience with standard costing
- Experience working within a service oriented or hospitality industry would be an asset
- Experience working with Accpac/Sage 300 software would be an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), with advanced expertise in MS Excel (look-ups, pivot tables).
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be located within a reasonable commutable distance.