Location: Fallsview Indoor Waterpark
Why work for Canadian Niagara Hotels as a Lifeguard?
As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotels you’ll be part of a company that believes in the talent of our associates, and invests in helping them learn and grow in their career. We also offer full medical and dental benefits to eligible full-time associates. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 2500+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing a luxury to each guest so they feel welcome, comfortable, and free to be themselves.
- Prevent and respond to emergencies, while always providing enthusiastic, courteous and superior service to guests
- Maintain constant surveillance of guests in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of guests in the event of emergency
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need as a Lifeguard:
Experience: 1+ years’ lifeguarding experience preferred
- National Lifeguard (NL) certificate
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR-C
Education: Secondary School Graduate Diploma preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with guests and employees
- Demonstrate ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Demonstrate skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Demonstrated ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department
- Outstanding attention to detail – in properly identifying guest’s needs, surveillance of facility, and level of required service attention
- Must be able to work all shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays