Position: Maintenance Mechanic – Themed Restaurants
Location: Rainforest Cafe
Why work for Canadian Niagara Hotels as a Maintenance Mechanic?
As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotels you’ll be part of a company that believes in the talent of our associates, and invests in helping them learn and grow in their career. We also offer full medical and dental benefits to eligible full-time associates. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 2500+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing a luxury to each guest so they feel welcome, comfortable, and free to be themselves.
Maintenance Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as HVAC systems, motors, pumps, conveyors, fans, etc.
- Perform a variety of tasks requiring knowledge of fabrication/processing, materials, tools, machines, and equipment relative to restaurant
- Responsible for repairing and/or replacing broken parts on all machines
- Coordinate housekeeping, sanitation, and cleanliness of the operations with unit management to meet standards
- Engage in equipment installations, facilities equipment repair and preventative maintenance
- Compile and maintain a comprehensive and current technical reference library, work records, tool and spare parts inventory and status report
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need as a Maintenance Mechanic:
Experience: 2+ years’ in a Maintenance role
Education: Secondary School Graduate Diploma
- Must be able to perform all tasks including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, basic carpentry, kitchen equipment and refrigeration, with knowledge and or ability to learn HVAC
- Ability to operate in a physically strenuous environment with heavy lifting and climbing on a daily basis
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Animatronics
- Ability to work a variety of hours including evenings, weekends and holidays with 24 hour on-call status in case of emergency