Why work for Falls Avenue Resorts as a Retail Manager?
You will have access to an amazing medical and dental benefits plan and perks like free parking. We’re a company that believes in the talent of our associates, and invests in helping them learn and grow in their career.
The Retail Manager will be responsible for managing a high volume tourist outlet. The Assistant Retail Manager will be striving to create a venue staffed by knowledgeable, helpful, and cheerful staff, who are motivated on exceeding guest satisfaction and operating revenue targets.
Retail Manager Responsibilities:
- Work with the General Manager in creating annual business plans and strategies to drive revenue including new initiatives, revenue maximization and cost saving ideas.
- Recruiting/hiring/training of hourly staff
- Scheduling/evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of all outlet staff focused toward continuous personal development and success
- Proper receiving of product in retail inventory system
- Identify opportunities for sales growth and decrease costs
- Ensure all operating equipment and control standards and systems are used
Generate applicable departmental reports
Experience: Supervisor experience required, preferably in a retail work environment
Education: Secondary School Graduate Diploma preferred
- Experience in a manager/supervisory position in the retail industry
- Proven ability to merchandise retail outlet to increase sales
- Analytical skills as they pertain to problem/opportunity identification, analysis, and corresponding options/solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to lead/supervise a team of operating staff
- Demonstrate competency in general financial knowledge, basic mathematics and report-writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computerized Point of Sales system, knowledge of Micros and Yellowdog preferred but not needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in physically demanding environment