We are currently seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial candidate for the position of Restaurant General Manager. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for ensuring the effective operation of all operations – restaurant, bar, kitchen, facilities maintenance, and retail service teams.
As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotel Group of Companies, you’ll have access to an amazing medical and dental benefits plan. We’re a company that believes in the talent of our associates, and invests in helping them learn and grow in their career. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 2500+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing a luxury to each guest so they feel welcome, comfortable, and free to be themselves.
- Drive a profitable and efficient restaurant environment through effective leadership and inspiration of a business management team.
- Managing all operations in compliance with local, provincial and federal laws and regulations (e.g., Fire, AGCO, Public Health, Health and Safety, Environmental, AODA).
- Create annual operations business and financial plans
- Perform regular cost/benefit analysis of menus, products, and services
- Ensure sufficient staffing models and staff are maintained according to business needs
- Regularly develop strategies and tactics to drive revenue and improve guest satisfaction
- Maintain compliance with established resort policies and procedure
- Drive social media platforms such as Trip Advisor, Yelp, Google, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience: 5+ Years’ experience as General Manager in a high volume restaurant setting
- Strong financial acumen with ability to create business and financial plans
- Proven experience managing in an entrepreneurial fashion – willing to take initiative to generate growth and create value for the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to influence the Food and Beverage/Retail management teams as well as working along with, and in co-operation with other hotel and resort managerial personnel
- Franchised restaurant management training and experience an asset
- Retail management experience an asset
- Ability to work in physically demanding environment