Why work for Canadian Niagara Hotels as a Web Developer?
As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotels Group you’ll be part of a company that believes in the talent of our associates, and invests in helping them learn and grow in their career. We also offer medical and dental benefits to eligible full-time associates. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 2500+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing a luxury to each guest so they feel welcome, comfortable, and free to be themselves.
Under the guidance of the Vice President of Marketing & Business Development, the Junior Web Developer responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality, both within the WordPress platform and as standalone scripts.
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1-2 years related Web Development Experience, minimum of 1 year with WordPress specifically
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Ability to build responsive email marketing templates from design files
- Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies
- Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter