The Cook II is responsible for creating and driving the guest dining experience by ensuring passionate, sophisticated, and consistent food preparation is provided at all times.
- Assist in the efficient operations of the kitchen to ensure customers receive superior service, consistent and quality meals.
- This includes: a la carte cooking and/or for the buffet/stations cooking.
- Setting up grills, fryers and equipment.
- Assist the Chef and fellow cooks with any additional tasks that may be required and assigned.
- Demonstrate commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as it pertains to exceptional standards of food consistency and preparation.
- Demonstrate willingness/enjoyment to attend to the needs of others.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks for multiple guests/multiple items/products.
- Outstanding attention to detail – in properly following recipes, instruction, and identifying food quality.
- Demonstrate ability to make finer/precise cuts of meat, along with the ability to cook larger pieces of meat to the required temperature.
- Demonstrate ability to complete more skilled recipes while cooking with a variety of foods, such as – poultry, seafood, vegetables etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume with high-energy level and speed.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively within a team setting.
- Completion of Public Health Food Handlers course an asset.
- Must be able to work all evening shifts including weekends and holidays.